Resourcing Talent – Talent Planning in an Organisation
1. Four factors that affect an organisations approach to attracting talent are:
* Expansion – A company that keeps expanding attracts a lot of new talent who want job security and promotion prospects.
* Development opportunities – A company who offer learning and development opportunities will attract a lot of talent who want to learn new skills to better their career. Without training prospects a lot of talent will be lost.
* Salary – A company with lower levels of salary wouldn’t attract as much talent as higher levels of pay. Workers want their hard work to reflect in their wages.
* Benefits packages – A company with good benefits package also attracts talent. People want to see what the company offers to safeguard and assist their employees.
2. Three organisation benefits of attracting and retaining a diverse workforce are:
* A varied array of employees means different levels of skills and knowledge, enabling each sector of an organisation to excel.
* A diverse workforce means people possess different attitudes and values whether these values are derived from race, religion or even nationality. When all brought together can benefit the company when dealing with a wide range of people and even internationally.
* Creativity and productivity would increase. People with different backgrounds have different ways of thinking. Enabling different views and ideas to emerge.
3. Factors that affect an organisations approach to recruitment and selection are:
* Skill shortages – Looking at what areas of the company are lacking in skills, giving the Human Resource department the chance to set Person Specifications and Job Descriptions based on what skills they require.
* Recruitment requirements – How much the company can afford to spend on recruitment, how many people need to be recruited, what position entails and pay level it should have.
* The economy – This affects the number of people applying for positions. In a recession there will be more applicants.
* Company’s image – The amount of applicants will depend on the image the company has. If the company has a respectable image there will be a higher number of applicants.
4. Three different types of recruitment and selections methods and their benefits are:
Advertising a vacancy with Recruitment Agencies can be very beneficial to any company as the agencies will already have a large number of candidates on file ready to be selected based on the criteria which you have dictated to your representative. The agency will then look through their possible candidates and select only the ones which are suited to the position and person specification you have provided, this will save a lot of time for the company.
Advertising on the company website.
Advertising a vacancy on the company website is very cost effective to any company. It allows people who are interested specifically in your company to keep up to date with any upcoming vacancies. It proves that the people applying in this way are already keen to work for this employer hence why they were on the website in the first place.
Newspaper advertisements can also be very beneficial to any company because you are able to attract local talent who are looking for a new challenge in their area. Newspapers allow flexibility when placing a job advertisement allowing you to choose where you would like this to be placed in the paper, what size it should be and what should be written. This can help you keep to your budget by placing small but to the point advertisements. Another benefit of the newspaper is that it is easy accessible, you don’t need to have internet access to view it and it can be read anytime anywhere.
Interviewing prospective new employees has a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document