ECT 122 Week 3 iLab #1
DC Power Supply
Hand Held DMM
1. Identify the type of the following circuits as either serial or parallel.
2. List four characteristics of a series circuit.
* Resistance: The total resistance is equal to the sum of the individual resistances. * Current: The current at any point in the circuit equals the current at all other points. The value of current depends on the source voltage and the total circuit resistance. * Voltage: The sume of the component voltages must equal the source voltage. * Power: The total power used by the circuit must equal the power delivered by the source.
3. Calculate the total resistance in the circuit below. Show the formula used.
= R1+R2+R3 = 1kohms+3.3kohms+2.2kohms
Rt =6.5kohms (Total resistance)
4. Download the Multisim file “Series1” from Doc Sharing, Week 3. Run the simulation and verify the simulated results are the same as the calculated values. Were the values the same? Yes/No. If No, why?
XMM1 = = 6.5kohms (Total resistance)
5. Construct the circuit above on the breadboard. Have the professor verify the circuit. Using the handheld DMM and ELVIS DMM (if you are using ELVIS), measure each resistor value and the total resistance. Record the values in the table below. Compare the measurements and verify that they are within acceptable range.
| Rated Value
| Hand Held DMM Measured Resistance
| ELVIS DMM Measured Resistance (if applicable)
| 846.154 Ohms
| 2.2 k
Please join StudyMode to read the full document