Unit 8: Research Project
The Research Proposal
What are the possible effects of the World Cup Campaign in South Africa, and who is benefiting the most financially?
Aims and Objectives
the aim of this proposal is to:-
* Find out both the positive and negative effects of having the 2010 World cup Campaign in South Africa. * Identify what might cause problems and threats to the campaign since it’s staged in Africa for the first time ever, and how to prevent such problems. * Find out if such a change could bring awareness to the people and whether or not such a great event could help develop the country, tackling its poverty, health and security issues. * Find out who is really benefiting the most financially out of the campaign and how.
Reasons for Research
* The reason for me to choose this topic is because I am really interested in the football world especially in the World Cup which is the world’s biggest sports event let alone football event. * I would like to know how such a huge event will have an impact on the whole world not just Africa. * I have little knowledge about the financial aspect of the game and researching about it would enlighten me much more.
* One of the main reasons that got me interested in researching about football is because during any economy crisis it seems to be the only Market that does not decline and large amounts are still spent every year especially in the local clubs in Europe. * I want to learn more about who else gains from the event and would it help the situation in Africa or not.
Initial Background Research (summary)
Prior to starting the research;
* I thought about something that interests me and how can I learn more about it that would add to my professional development. * First thing that came to my mind was the World Cup. I then thought about the financial aspect of the game and saw that I knew little. * I knew that...
* BPP Professional Education; Revised edition edition (30 April 2004), HND Core 8 2004: Research Project – Study Text ( HNC/HND Business)
Please join StudyMode to read the full document