A. Conservation of Energy :
a) Energy conservation measures taken:
1. Clear juice heating by vapour in place of exhaust steam.
2. Drains of exhaust and live steam collected in a vessel and sent to boiler as feed water. 3. Use of Direct Contact Heater (DCH) for un-sulphured syrup heating with Vapor Cell 1 (VC1) vapours. 4. Recovery of heat from semi Kestner by providing fl ash connection from condensate fl ash bottle to fi rst vapour.
5. Installed spray engineering device make auto system to reduce power consumption by reduction of injection water.
6. Installation of bearing protection system for mill roller bearings to reduce oil consumption and wastage. 7. Synchronisation of 10 MW & 15 MW Turbo Generator Sets to increase power export with existing power generating equipments.
8. Installation of variable frequency drives instead of conventional drives to reduce power consumption. 9. Installation of auto shut off system for underground water reservoir pumps. 10. Lime air drier for de-moisturising the air required for sulphur furnace. 11. Automation of auxiliary cane carrier drive with Variable Frequency Drive & Programmable Logic Controller. 12. Power capacitors were installed in the Power House & all Motor Control Centres in all sections & maintain power factor between 0.93 to 0.95 to reduce the power consumption. 13. Installation of 400 KW bio gas engine and sulphur removal plant in Rudhauli distillery. 14. Installation of small DG Set of 82 Kilo Volt Ampere instead of 320 Kilo Volt Ampere and other use of Compact Fluorescent Lamps in plant & offi ces instead of Mercury High Power Light and incandescent lamps.
15. Introduced Tig Welding System in Mill Rollers to reduce electric power as well as milling losses. 16. Company has started using capacitors banks to regulate the power factor loss from 0.98 to 0.99, which will reduce loss of energy in Eco-Tec Board units.
b) Total energy consumption and energy consumption per unit of production are given in...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document