During the past several decades personnel function has been transformed from a relatively obscure record keeping staff to central and top level management functions. There are many factors that have influenced this transformation like technological Advances, professionalism, and general recognition of human beings as most important resources. These were the main reasons which led us to develop an autonomous system for hotel management. The work of hotel management i.e. keeping all the records up to date by manually entering the records in registers is likely to be not error prone and the work is tiresome. The main features implicated in this management system are-
• A computer based management system is designed to handle the entire primary Information required to calculate monthly statements. Separate database is maintained to handle all the details required for the correct statement calculation and generation.
• This project intends to introduce more user friendliness in the various activities such as record updating, maintenance, and searching.
• The searching of record has been made quite simple as all the details of the customer can be obtained by simply keying in the identification of that customer.
• Similarly, record maintenance and updating can also be accomplished by using the identification of the customer with all the details being automatically generated. These details are also being promptly automatically updated in the master file thus keeping the record absolutely up-to-date.
• The entire information has maintained in the database or Files and only authorized user can retrieve the necessary information which can easily be accessible from the file.
• The main objective of the entire activity is to automate the process of day to day activities of Hotel like:
1. Room activities.
2. Admission of a New Customer.
3. Assign a room according to customer’s demand.
4. Checkout of a computer and releasing the room.
5. Finally compute
References: www.vbdotnetheaven.com www.developers.net www.learnvisualstudio.net www.w3schools.com www.wikipedia.org