Market Research Report
Reinsurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and
Opportunities to 2018
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Hong Kong reinsurance segment, including:
• The Hong Kong reinsurance segment's growth prospects by reinsurance category • Key trends and drivers for the reinsurance segment
• The Hong Kong reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
• The competitive landscape in the Hong Kong reinsurance segment
Hong Kong’s popularity as a reinsurance hub and anticipated growth of the life, non-life, and personal accident and health insurance segments are expected to drive the growth of Hong Kong reinsurance over the forecast period (2013–2018).
Reinsurers operating in Hong Kong generate a considerable proportion of revenue from offshore business.
The frequent occurrence of natural disasters in Asia-Pacific forced insurers to cede part of their premium to reinsurers to avoid substantial incurred loss. The premium accepted by the Hong Kong reinsurance segment rose at a review-period (2009–2013) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.3%.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Hong Kong:
• It provides historical values for Hong Kong’s reinsurance segment for the report’s 2009– 2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period. • It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Hong Kong’s reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
• It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Hong Kong and its growth prospects.
Key Highlights :
• The premium accepted by the Hong Kong reinsurance segment grew, at a review-period (2009–2013) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.3%.
• The reinsurance segment is one of the largest in the Asia-Pacific region, with its total written premium rising at a review-period CAGR of 17.5%, supported by the strong performance of Hong Kong’s insurance segments
• The premium ceded by the life segment grew at a review-period CAGR of 21.3% in 2013. • Hong Kong is rapidly becoming a regional hub for reinsurance in Asia-Pacific, with the segment depending heavily on offshore business and generating a large proportion of its business from overseas markets.
• The reinsurance segment is expected to be driven by favorable FDI policies and the growth of primary insurance segments.
• The premium accepted by the Hong Kong reinsurance segment is projected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 15.2%.
Table of Contents:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Hong Kong Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
6 Key Industry Drivers
7 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
8 Appendix – 1
9 Appendix – 2
Reason To Buy :
• Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Hong Kong reinsurance segment and each sector within it
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Hong Kong reinsurance segment
• Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Hong Kong insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future
To Get Details: http://www.reportscue.com/reinsurance-in-hong-kong-key-trends-andopportunities-to-2018-market
Please join StudyMode to read the full document