|MODULE ASSIGNMENT |MODULE |BMN305 | |COVERSHEET |CODE | |
|Student Name: | |Student Number: s1111650 | |Module Tutor: TODD ENDRES | |Module Title / Assignment Number: BUSINESS SIMULATION | |Date Due / Submission Date: APRIL 21, 2012 | |Extension Date (including authorising signature): | |Word Count (excludes references): 1568 words |
The submission of this assignment is a statement that it is compliant with the University’s assessment regulations, and that it does not infringe the University’s research ethics principles.
You are responsible for ensuring that the assignment is submitted in its entirety, and are advised to number pages in the format ‘Page x of y’ (e.g. Page 3 of 12).
For completion by the Module Tutor: Ensure provisional mark is recorded on both copies. Keep blue copy. Return assignment and white copy to student.
Feedback – with reference to assessment criteria and suggestions for improvement.
Tutor’s signature………………………………………Date………………………… Second Marker (if appropriate): …………………….Date…………………………
|Provisional Mark | | |Subject to approval by the | | |Board of Examiners | |
Global economy is developing more and more. The appearance of lots of new entrants into the market requires exerting all company’s strengths to get more customers’ attention. The owner needs to improve business in the best way to become the winner in the fierce battle among firms. The company needs good employees with the requisite business skills in developing the corporation. Students majored in business management need to prepare a good knowledge and training experiences that can take a part in the success of companies. To be gaining this objective, the universities or colleges have set up Business Simulation class to develop student’s skills.
Business Simulation is an important subject that seems to cover almost segmentations in business, from formulated strategy, financial report, market research and forecasting tools. It is the imitative business that student can practice to get more experience in business management. Through this process, students can understand deeply the strategic thinking, financial analysis, market analysis, operations, teamwork and leadership in business (Wikipedia, 2011). This class helps students that can get their objective in the future. It provides an overview of business plan, giving more knowledge in making business plan. Business plan practice in class creates the opportunities for students to improve their working capability in the near future. Just finishing Business Simulation class, I already have some change in my thinking for the future. Learning about making business plan gives a chance for me to create my working plan clearly and more detail.
Business simulation is being viewed as a progress that students have...
References: • NTD Resource Center. (n.d). Teamwork in the Classroom [Internet]. Available from: < http://www.ndt-ed.org/TeachingResources/ClassroomTips/Teamwork.htm> [Accessed 19 April 2012]
• Myers, C. (2010). What are the benefits of public speaking classes? [Internet]. Available from: < http://www.livestrong.com/article/129584-benefits-public-speaking-classes/ > [Accessed 19 April 2012]
• Orlando, M. (2008) The Role of Business Simulations in the Business English Syllabus: Some Considerations [Internet], International House journal of education and development. Available from: < http://ihjournal.com/the-role-of-business-simulations-in-the-business-english-syllabus-some-considerations> [Accessed 18 April 2012]
• Scalzo, C., M. (2008). Student views of management skills and their future careers after using business simulations [Internet]. Available from: < http://sbaweb.wayne.edu/~absel/bkl/vol35/35as.pdf> [Accessed 17 April 2012]
• Wikipedia. (2012). Business acumen [Internet]. Available from: < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_acumen> [Accessed 17 April 2012]
• Williams, D. (n.d). Impact of Business Simulation Games in Enterprise Education [Internet], Academia.edu share research. Available from: < http://hud.academia.edu/DinaWilliams/Papers/903245/Impact_of_Business_Simulation_Games_in_Enterprise_Education> [Accessed 19 April 2012]
Please join StudyMode to read the full document