1. Every two seconds, someone in the United States needs a blood transfusion; 1 in 3 people will require a blood transfusion at some point in their life.
2. Up to 32,000 units of blood a day and more than 11 million units of blood needed each year.
3. Despite high demand, less than 4% of the U.S. population currently volunteers as blood donors.
B. The power of one: One donor contributing a single unit of blood can help save up to three lives.
C. The Importance of you: Our company’s efforts in bridging the gap between the community’s high demand for blood and the low supply of blood available
D. Making a difference:
1. Six blood donors can save a heart surgery patient 2. 20 blood donors can provide the platelets to save a burn victim 3. 50 blood donors can provide enough blood to care for victims of car accidents
A. The benefits of hosting a blood drive
Gaining goodwill from local community
Building morale by working together for a good cause Helping the Red Cross fulfill its mission
Giving patients in the community the gift of life
B. Partnering with Red Cross
1. Commitment to communities across the nation
a) Blood services
b) Disaster Relief
c) Health and safety
d) Community services and support
e) Armed forces Emergency
2. 50 years of experience
a) Largest, single blood program in the nation
b) More than 200,000 blood drives with partner organizations c) Trusted provider for patients nationwide
(1) Over 3,000 hospitals
(2) Providing services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week d) A leader in blood collection and transfusion medicine 3. Nationwide resources
a) Extensive lines of blood products
b) Largest inventory of rare blood units
c) Transfusion medicine research and innovation
d) A nationwide network, enabling quick response to national emergencies
e) Medical professionals available for consultations
C. Steps to...
References: "American Red Cross Give Blood." American Red Cross. N.p., n.d. Web.
16 Nov. 2014.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document