Red Zuma Project
Following the American Psychological Association’s Guidelines
Mary Lynn Zastrow
1. The project is estimated to be completed in 260 working days. The project starts on January 2nd, 2015 and ends on January 8th, 2016.
2. The critical path for the project is as follows:
Market Analysis, Product Design, Product Design Selection, Detailed Project Design, Build Prototypes, Field Test Prototypes, Finalized Product Design, Final Manufacturing Process, Order Components, Order Production Equipment, Install Production Equipment, and Celebrate.
3. The activity that has the greatest amount of slack is Detailed Marketing Plan, of 179 days.
4. The network is not very sensitive.
5. One sensible milestone is the Product Design Selection because it is the start of a critical merging activity and completions are used as milestones. The completion date for this is 4/3/2015.
Another sensible milestone is Finalized Product Design because it is a critical merging activity with a start date of 8/5/2015. The names of activities can sometimes give an idea of how important they are as well.
1. The resources that are over allocated are marketing specialist, design engineer, industrial engineer, and purchasing agent.
2. Once the resource leveling is completed, the over allocated resources decrease from 4 to 2. The over allocated problems are design engineer and industrial engineer, with the greatest total slack for detailed marketing plan decreasing. In the end the project task changes in the duration period after resources leveling.
3. The sensitivity of a network continually changing refers to the network diagram after resources leveling.
(Include a Gantt chart with the schedule table after leveling within slack.)
4. The project now takes 290 days.
5. The total duration to complete the project changed and actually increased after resource leveling and made the completion later than the original