RECRUITMENT PROCESS IN
HALDIRAM SNACKS PVT. LTD.
MANINDER JEET MA’AM
DATE OF SUBMISSION
The preparation of this important document would not have been possible without the support and assistance of a large number of hard working and cooperative individuals. I would like to express my gratitude to my faculty mentor Ms. Maninder Jeet ma’am for being extremely supportive and helping me out every time I got stuck or needed direction. I am extremely thankful to Mr. Dhananjay Rai- my industry guide for being co-operative and finding out time from his extremely busy schedule to assist me in the project. I would also like to acknowledge and extend my heartfelt gratitude towards the employees of Haldiram Snacks Pvt. Ltd. who had always been co-operative, helpful and obliging, and most especially to my family and friends. And to God, who made all things possible.
The project topic as mentioned above is studying in detail what is RECRUITMENT and the RECRUITMENT PROCESS in the organization-HALDIRAM SNACKS PVT. LTD. The main objective of choosing RECRUITMENT as a topic is to understand the basic meaning of recruitment, the sources and the factors affecting the recruitment process and to contrast a comparison between the theoretical recruitment policies and the policies used practically in the corporate world. As we know that RECRUITMENT is the most primary function of any organization where the firm attempts to develop a pool of qualified applicants for the future human resources needs, thus one can understand its criticality and significance. Various methods/ procedures were used to accomplish this task. To attain a deeper understanding I first went through the theoretical aspects like understanding the significance, purpose and the various sources used for RECRUITMENT and then interviewing few individuals about his/her recruitment experience in the organization. I also witnessed a recruitment process (for the post of Q.C. Executive in sec-65 unit). I am also thankful to my industry guide-Mr. Dhananjay Rai (HR head), who took out time from his busy schedule and indulged in a very informative discussion with me about the same. In today’s rapidly changing business environment, a well defined recruitment policy is necessary for organizations to respond to its human resource requirements in time. Therefore, it is important to have a clear and concise recruitment policy in place, which can be executed effectively to recruit the best talent pool for the selection of the right candidate at the right place quickly recruitment process. After the detailed study of the recruitment process and policy in the organization I have now a deeper understanding of the following issues in general as well as specific content:
• What is recruitment, its meaning, purpose and importance • The recruitment process with various stages
• What are the components of a recruitment policy
• Factors affecting the recruitment policy
• Sources of recruitment
• Factors affecting recruitment as a process
• Various recruiting theories
• Difference between recruitment and selection
• Recruitment theories and strategies that are used practically • Recruiting services, recruiting costs and recruitment agencies • The major HR challenges that an organization faces during the recruitment process. • Recent trends in recruitment
• What is e-recruitment, growth and success of e-recruitment • Basic understanding of how an HR department works, responsibilities of the department towards the employees, and the dependency of the organization on the department for smooth functioning and achievement of objectives.
The issues mentioned above will be well discussed in a detailed and elaborated manner later.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Please join StudyMode to read the full document