Reaction paper

Topics: Mexico, Wage, Porfirio Díaz, Mexico City / Pages: 2 (321 words) / Published: Jan 6th, 2014
11 April 2013
Profesor Maria Duarte
Reaction Paper

3.The national agenda of Porfirio Díaz oriented Mexican economy toward exportation and growth, how did Díaz’s modernizing agenda affected elite and lower-classes in the process?

Porfirio Diaz was known as a ruthless revolutionary who revolutionized Mexico first by gaining presidency by paying off his opposition and allies along with war. Diaz system failed in the end because he failed to build an enduring system that could have outlived him, it was a system based around his own ideas and own vision of power and wealth. With the combination of internal peace and end to foreign invasions, Mexico’s economy grew spectacularly. The construction of a large railroad system seem to be the greatest networking tool which created the most wealth for the country. This allowed foreign enterprise financed Mexico’s economic miracle. Mining was the lage export and economic boom for Mexico in which the railroads allowed these goods along with crops to be transported at a very cheap rate. 56% of Mexico’s gross revenue left the country, but the other 44% of revenues remained in Mexico to pay employee salaries. Mexicos residence had hard time because they were completely undermined, other than the use of their labor, they were nonfactors. Their public properties and communal villages were given away under the Law of Colonization of 1883. Country people resisted on a regular basis, uprisings broke out everywhere the railroads went. So now at this time land owners had the upperhand during this period. Despite the low wages, Mexican workers were not productive, they resisted socialization into the factory system. They refused to increase their productivity at work without fear of being fired. The poor was undermined and not valued as non less than low wage workers and the elite, if you were land owners were at the top of the totem pole, but also felt the impact of Diaz’s regime fall in early 1900s.

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Reactions on Reaction Paper
  • reaction paper
  • Reaction Paper
  • Reaction Paper
  • Reaction Paper
  • Reaction Papers
  • Reaction Paper
  • Reaction Paper
  • Reaction Paper
  • Reaction Paper