Intensive English Institute
Ball State University
IEI Course Syllabus
MTWR 1:50-2:50 LB 127
Fall 2013/ Session 6 Office: RB 389 email:email@example.com
Office hours: MTWR 1:00 PM-1:45 PM, TR 4:00 PM– 4:45 PM and by appointment
Brief Course Description
Students will be able to build useful, communication skills in English in the United States through exploration and reflection of everyday readings and experiences. The class will be enriched by students’ own thoughts, traditions and cultures. Then they will be able to compare and contrast them with the North American customs, language and culture.
1. Maintain an organized and separate folder for this class to keep all of your papers, notes, and other information in one location.
2. Turn in all homework and projects during class on the day they are due. No late work will be accepted, unless an excused absence occurs on the day the assignment is due.
3. Check your Ball State email at least once per day.
4. Come to class on time every day. Be prepared for class. That means having your textbook, your homework, paper, a writing utensil, etc. ready to use.
5. Turn off cell phones and other electronic devices before class. You may lose points or get partial credit for class activities when you are using a cell phone or any electronic device.
6. Bring all recent handouts to class with you.
7. If you miss a class, it is your responsibility to find out what you missed. You can find out by asking me before 5:00 PM (through email or by coming to my office hours) or a student in the class. You are expected to be ready to participate in class and/or turn in assigned assignments when you return.
8. Keep track of your grades. After you complete an assignment, take a quiz, etc., I will let you know your grade. It is