Case Study 1: Capital Mortgage Insurance Corporation
Oscar Jorge Ramirez
8990 Richmond Ave. Apt 1316 Houston TX 77063
832 264 0488 email@example.com HRM 595: Negotiation Skills
Professor: Kenneth Goldsmith
CAPITAL MORTGAGE INSURANCE CORPORATION
IDENTIFY GUIDELINES THAT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW DURING NEGOTIATIONS
1. Find appropriate place with a good environment to conduct negotiations.
2. Talk to both parties to identify their specific issues that need solving, identify what is going to be needed to find solutions in the short and long term. Take note of each parties information related to issue at hand which can be used to corroborate information during the negotiating process.
3. Make a thorough assessment of the situation in order to be able have an easier transition into the negotiation process.
4. Pick a good alternative that will accommodate the stipulations of the joint agreement policy.
IDENTIFY AND DESCRIBE THE STEPS OF THE NEGOTIATION PROCESS
1. First thing it should be done, is that parties involved in the negotiating process will share their case. An agreement should be reached on what is the purpose of the negotiating process, which will help to come to a solution of the issue at hand.
2. Parties should say what is that needs to be changed.
3. Parties should try to come to a consensus about what will be a good settlement package. Parties should be giving an updated estimate which includes all the changes made. And last parties should be willing to trade off concessions with the goal of reaching an agreement
4. And last the negotiating parties agree to the end result of their negotiations, and also agree to abide by the agreement.
IDENTIFY GUIDELINES TO FACILITATE COMMUNICATION DURING THE NEGOTIATION
Motivate negotiating parties to become open minded to facilitate communication. Should encourage parties to open up about themselves, listen attentively and