SWOT ANALYSIS THE WESTIN DHAKA
* It has strong and reputed parent company which has operations in 73 countries and with over 650 hotels and resorts under its umbrella. * Excellent facilities for corporate travelers with spacious meeting, conference and banquet space. * Use of technology reduced the time consumed in negotiating and booking rooms. * Excellent internet service with up to date information on reservations, rooms and rates. WEAKNESS:
* More focus on local markets and the sales team efforts were concentrated on servicing and cultivating local decision makers. * No combined effort as a corporate, which limits the contacts and in turn the business. * Limited proportion of expenditure budget is allocated to overseas advertising. * No coordinated across sister hotels.
* There are lots of synchronization problems as they don¶t have any combined efforts. OPPORTUNITIES
* Can standardize global rates with its presence over 73 countries * Tie up with big corporate business houses for providing travel and accommodation facilities in any of their hotels around the world. * Social media marketing can be used to reach out more prospective customers and not only the corporate business house. THREATS
* Intense competition among the international hotel chains. * Shrinking market conditions.
* Changing travel management trends.
SWOT Analysis The Westin Dhaka
* Attractive customer base. As our Hotel located in betweenGulshan1 and Gulshan 2, we will get attractive customer base, which will help us to increase our sales. * Our workers are highly trained and efficient.
* Government shows positive signs towards this kind of business. * Price and cost are competitive. As our service qualities are high, we will easily compete with our industry rivals * It is also only eight kilometers from Zia International Airport Weaknesses:
* Customer base is based on goodwill. We know that the goodwill helps a business. * They cannot expand because of land shortage
* The late entry is another weakness.
* Government rules and regulations are not strong enough, in our country * Consistent, accurate fulfillment of the clients wishes
* Competitive pricing for the quality of services offered * Significant profit on each planned
* Most popular tourist sight of Bangladesh
* New government regulations. As the business is getting competitive, govt. may impose new starting up business * Higher competition existing rivals in all aspects
* There are many players of about same size and strategy
SWOT Analysis of Ruposhi Bangla Hotel
Introduction: The first renowned international five-star hotel in Bangladesh, Ruposhi Bangla Hotel (former Dhaka Sheraton Hotel) is in the most prestigious location; just three kilometers from the downtown business district and near Dhaka’s most famous Ramna Park and National Museum. It is also at a convenient location from Prime Minister’s Office, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre, Bashundhara City Shopping Center, famous Dhaka University campus and surrounding historical places. With great pleasure, we are submitting the report on “SWOT Analysis of Ruposhi Bangla Hotel”. We have tried our best to follow the instructions from our teacher to complete this report within the allotted time. SWOT Analysis The acronym for SWOT stands for
The acronym for SWOT stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat. The SWOT analysis comprises of the Organization’s internal strength and weakness and external opportunities and threats. SWOT analysis gives an organization an insight of what they can do in future and how they can compete with their existing competitors. This tool is very important to identify the current position of the organization relative to others,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document