[Here below are given 110 Questions and answers – in Quiz Form – from the Bible. These questions are collected by II Year Brothers of philosophy, 2002-2003. This set of Questions and Answers is only a sample. The reader can formulate his own.]
From the Book of Genesis
1. Which is the first book of Bible?
What was the name of the third child of Adam and Eve?
2. Name the sons of Noah?
← Shem, Han and Japheth
3. How many sons did Jacob have? Name them
← 12, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Zebulum, Issachar, Dan, Gad, Asher, Naphtali, Joseph, Benjamin 4. Who is the mother of Ishmael?
5. How many daughters did Laban have? Name them.
← 2, Leah, Rachel
6. What is the name of Isaac’s wife?
7. Name the twin sons of Rebekah?
← Esau and Jacob
8. At the time of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah what was the punishment given to the wife of Lot for disobeying God’s command? ← She was made into a pillar of salt
9. What was the name of the mountain on which Abraham was asked to sacrifice his only son Isaac? ← Moriah
From the Book of Exodus
1. Why did the daughter of Pharaoh give the name Moses to the child she rescued from Nile? ← The name ‘Moses’, means ‘drawn out from water.’ 2. Name the country to which Moses ran fearing Pharaoh, after murdering the Egyptian? ← Midian.
3. Name the wife of Moses?
← Zipporah, the daughter of Jethro.
4. Name the first among the ten plagues that God worked in Egypt to release the Israelites from Egypt? ← Water turned to blood.
5. How long did Israelites live in Egypt as slaves?
← 430 years.
6. Which are the three annual festivals commanded by Yahweh, in Exodus? ← The Festival of unleavened bread, the festival of harvest and the festival of ingathering. 7. How long was Moses on the mount Sinai, to receive the commandments from God? ← 40 days and 40 nights.
8. Name the wood out of which the Ark of the Covenant was made? ← Acacia wood.
9. What attribute did God used to show His anger towards the Israelites? ← Stiff-necked people.
10. Why did Moses cover his face with a veil while coming down from the mount Sinai? ← The face of Moses was shining and so people were afraid to come near him.
From the Book of Leviticus
1. Which is the bird chosen for burnt offering of birds?
← Turtledoves or pigeons.
2. Which is considered as the Sabbatical year in the book of Leviticus? ← The seventh year after entering the Promised Land.
3. What is the unavoidable ingredient in every offering?
4. What is the sin offering prescribed for the remission of the sin of an anointed priest? ← A bull without blemish
5. What is the sin offering prescribed for the remission of the sin of a ruler? ← A male goat without blemish.
6. What is the oil used in the lamps to be kept regularly burning in the sanctuary of the Lord? ← Oil of beaten olives.
7. Who are the sons of Aaron?
← Nadab, Abihu, Eleazer, and Ithamar.
8. Mention different kinds of offerings commanded by the Lord on mount Sinai to Moses? ← Burnt offering, the grain offering, the sin offering, the guilt offering, the offering of Ordination, and the sacrifice of well being. 9. Why Israelites are not allowed to eat any blood?
← For the life of the flesh is in the blood.
10. Which day is considered as the Day of Atonement?
← The tenth day of the seventh month.
From the Book of Numbers
1. Who were given the charge of performing the guard duty of the Tabernacle of the Covenant? ← The Levites
2. How was Miriam the wife of Aaron punished for speaking against Moses? ← She became a leper.
3. What was the previous name of Joshua? And when did Moses change his name? ← Hoshea son of Nun. Befor sending him and others to spy out the land of Canaan. 4. On which mountain did Aaron die? And how old was he?
← Mount Hor. At the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document