Question Sheet for We Shall Remain Episode Four Geronimo
Prime number /
Pages: 1 (1040 words) /
Published: Feb 7th, 2015
Apaches? Did this stop the Apache?
1. the mexican government passed laws offering cash for apache scalps and no this didn’t stop the apaches from raiding
2. How did Geronimo change in response to the murder of his mother, wife, and three small children by Mexican troops?
he cut his hair and left the hair there with them, returned home to rip down his wife’s paintings, tore apart strings of beads that she had made, and set everything that his kids and wife had owned on fire. this made his hatred for the non indians even worse.
Chapter Two, Ravages of War: Geronimo’s loss, revenge, and power
3. How did Geronimo receive the gift of power and what did this mean in the Apache belief system? How did he demonstrate his gift against the Mexicans?
3. it was a gift from usan saying no bullets will ever touch you and he’ll gide his arrows. to the apaches, this was fundamental. he led 200 men into battle against the mexicans and when his arrows ran out, he started to kill them with his knife.
4. What were Geronimo's and his peoples’ feelings toward the first Americans they encountered?
What were those men doing in Apache territory?
4. his first encounter with them was friendly and they were a handful of land surveyors
5. What pushed Cochise to violent action against whites?
5. they poisoned their food, cut the fetus out of pregnant woman, sold Apache children into slavery and then decapitated the Apache chief and this is what pushed Cochise over his limit
Chapter Three, Two Years of Peace: Indian Wars, General Crook and the reservation system, death of Cochise
6. Who did President Ulysses S. Grant send to Arizona to institute a new federal Indian policy?
What was this policy and how did this