1.1 The Legislation, guidelines, organisational policies and protocols which inform my own role, responsibilities and accountability when monitoring and management the environment and resources are:
• Infection control policy – Ensure hands are washed using the hand washing technique, using personal protective equipment when needed. Waste is disposed of in to the correct bins.
• Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) – ensure the correct substance is being used to clean the right equipment/device or body fluid spillage.
• Risk assessment management – Ensure that the clinic area is clean and safe to use. Also ensuring that the bed is at the correct height for each patient. Ensure that the correct equipment is being used for the right job.
• Health and safety - Ensure all fire exits are kept clear. Ensure all patient walk ways are clear.
• Privacy and dignity – Ensure that the clinic room is closed and private. All patient information is kept confidential. To allow a patient time to be upset and to discuss their feelings in a quite space that is away from the main waiting area.
1.2 Procedures relating to monitoring the environment during specific clinical/therapeutic activities:
• Ensure the area is clean and safe.
• Ensure the room is warm and comfortable.
• Ensure the consultation area is private and doors are closed.
1.3 The resources needed during specific clinical/therapeutic activities in own work practice:
• Clinic trolley fully stocked with dressings.
• Patients notes.
1.4 The procedures for reporting and dealing with problems with the environment and resources:
• Report problems with the environment to my line manager and HSE.
• Report any maintenance problems to the site services department to be repaired.
1.5 The risk associated with procedures carried out in own work practice and how there are controlled:
Within my role there is a risk of infection from contact with bodily fluids. This is