psych 1 unit 3 text 1
Please complete the following questions. It is important that you use full sentences and present the questions and answers when you submit your work. Submit the work as a file attachment. This means you complete all work in a word processing document (e.g., Microsoft Word) and attach the file using the dropbox tool. Use the Unit 3: Text Questions dropbox basket.
The answers to the Review & Critical Thinking questions are worth 10 points.
1. What are identical twins? What explains any differences they may develop? Identical twins are twins that develop from the same fertilized egg. Differences in their environment are what explains any differences they may develop.
2. Describe physical developments that occur in infants between birth and their first birthday. One physical development that occurs in infants between birth and their first birthday is that their growth rate is faster than at any other time in their life. Another physical development that occurs in infants between birth and their first birthday is maturation. Maturation is the process by which body parts become fully functioning and the whole organism becomes an adult.
3. List Piaget’s four stages of cognitive development in the order that they occur. The Piaget 's four stages of cognitive development are the sensorimotor stage, the preoperational stage, the concrete-operational stage, and the formal-operational stage.
4. Identify and describe the parenting style that usually has the best outcome for children. An authoritative parenting style usually has the best outcome for children. An authoritative parenting style is where the parent shows the child love but also sets limits. The parents respect their children 's rights but also require obedience.
5. How did Lawrence Kohlberg define morality? Why might his definition be biased? Lawrence Kohlberg defined morality as behavior that is just or fair. His definition might be biased because he was a