Week Two Quiz
Please choose the correct answer to the following questions.
1. ______D_______ refers to the experience created from stimulating a sense organ.
2. _____D________ refers to the smallest change in sensation that can be detected at least 50% of the time.
b. Weber’s Law
c. Difference Threshold
d. Absolute Threshold
3. Sensory cells located on the retina that receive incoming visual stimuli are ____A_______.
a. Rods and Cones Rod recognizes degrees of darkness/ Cones recognizes color. Color/light and dark form of sensory.
b. Fovea F= Focal point
c. Ganglion Cells Process sensory cells
d. Blind Spot
e. P.s I had problems with this question.. LOL as you can tell I tried to narrow it down. My other answear would be C.
4. The principles of similarity, proximity, continuity, and closure are examples of ____C__________.
a. Binocular cues
c. Laws of Perceptual Grouping
d. Impossible Figures
5. The belief that objects in the physical world do not change due to alterations in the perception of the environment, and they maintain their size, shape, color, and brightness refers to _____D_________.
a. Phi Phenomenon
b. Motion Parallax
c. Depth Perception
6. The proposition that sleep is needed in order to regenerate our bodies and maintain mental and physical activities is part of the ____B_______ theory of sleep.
7. Our bodies tend to operate on a general 24-hour cycle called a _____C________, which is regulated by the hypothalamus.
a. Sleep Spindle
b. Circadian Rhythm
c. Light/Dark Cycle
d. Selective Attention
8. A person who experiences momentary wakefulness in the middle of the night due to a disruption in his or her breathing pattern may suffer from ____D_________.