Section headings listed in gray font appear in both the Project Charter and the Scope Statement.
Project Title: Web Site Enhancement Project
Project Manager: Xin Tao
Project Description (see Project Charter)
• A new company web site is proposed to best support the company’s mission to provide a complete recreational experience to the guests, including elegant meals, relaxing living quarters, and extensive recreational options such as golf, tennis, spas, gyms, night clubs, and excursions to local towns and areas of interest.
• Increase market share by 50% within two years of launch by providing on-line queries and reservations of rooms, on-line booking of guest services.
• Increase revenue by 25% within three quarters post-launch by tapping into a larger customer base accessible through internet sales.
• Avoid risk that some of the hotels will have to be closed within two to three years as pressured by other larger hotel chains.
• Increase customer satisfaction by 25% among the existing customer base by becoming more technology-oriented, as measured via customer satisfaction surveys taken over the two-year period following the new web site launch.
• Allow technology team gain more experience in more sophisticated web technology, which is expected to reduce web site maintenance cost by 20%.
• Use effective project management techniques consistent with the company standards.
• Integrate the new company web site well with existed systems: the Reservation system and the Guest-Services System.
Project Scope Description
The new web site has a user friendly graphical interface, which shall allow user to do queries, reservations, browsing and booking easily.
The new web site is enhanced to interact with existed systems: a Reservation System and a Guest-Services