PRODUCTIVITY AND PROFITABILITY ANALYSIS- A CASE STUDY OF RAJSHAHI SUGAR MILLS. LTD.
A Research (Thesis) report submitted to the University of Rajshahi for the degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting and Information Systems
|Supervisor |Submitted By: | |Professor DR. MADAN MOHAN DEY |TANMAY BISWAS | |Department of Accounting & |Student of MBA (Final) | |Information Systems |Roll No. 06107042 | |University of Rajshahi |Session- 2010-2011 | | |Department of Accounting & | | |Information Systems | | |University of Rajshahi |
Department of Accounting & Information Systems
University of Rajshahi
= Generally Accepted Accounting principles
= Accounting & Information Systems.
= Bangladesh Sugar and food Industries corporation.
= Rajshahi Sugar mills Ltd.
= Balancing, Modernizing, Replacement and Expansion
= Earning Per share.
= Earning Before Interest and Taxes.
= Return on Assets
= Return on Fixed Assets.
= Return on Investment
= Total cans per Acre.
= Total Crushing Per Day.
= Standard deviation
= Co-efficient of Variation
= Accounting Principles Board.
This is to certify that Tanmay Biswas is a Student of Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Department of Accounting and Information Systems, University of Rajshahi, bearing Class Roll No. 06107042 and Session – 2005-2006. He has successfully completed his research report on “An overview of Productivity and Profitability Analysis of Rajshahi Sugar Mills” in Rajshahi Sugar Mills under my supervision from 5th april’ 2012 to 05th July’ 2012
I wish him every success in life.
Dr. Madan Mohan Dey
Department of Accounting
And Information Systems
University of Rajshahi
With great pleasure and happiness I express my deepest gratitude to Almighty creator who created the universe. The study has been undertaken for partial fulfillment of the requirements for the attainment of Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program in Accounting and information systems, University of Rajshahi.
I express my deep hearted respects to my honorable Supervisor Professor Dr. Madan Mohan Dey, Department of Accounting and Information Systems, University of Rajshahi. His guidance and assistance helped me a lot, while I write the research report. I am also thankful to Chairman and all of Teachers, Department of Accounting and Information Systems, University of Rajshahi, for their support and encouragement.
I am deeply indebted to managing director of Rajshahi Sugar Mills, Rajshahi and other officers of the Sugar mills who have deeply...
Bibliography: 1. Accounting principles Board (1970) Statement of the accounting principles board, No. 4, New york, American institute of certified public accountants (AICPA), par, 198.
2. Ahmed, S, (1988). Study of sugar Economy of Bangladesh Sugar Industry in Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh Sugar and Food Industries Corporation (BSFIC)
4. Amanullah, Md, (1994), Pricing in Sugar marketing of North Bengal Sugar Mills; A case study the Rajshahi University, PART. C. VOL. 2.
5. Bhattacharjee, D, (1985) “Managerial performance of the public sector industry; A review of concepts and trends of performance of the sugar industry in Bangladesh.” The Dhaka University studies, PART. C. 6 (1).
6. Haque, K.B. (1984) “Some thoughts on the development of Sugar industry in Bangladesh; problems and possibilities;” The Dhaka University studies part. c. 5 (1)
8. Hossain, Z.M, (1989) “Sugarcane supply in North Bengal Sugar Mills and Joypurhat Sugar Mills.” Research report of BMET project Dhaka; UGC.
9. Khan, M.A.Z, “Financing Industrial Enterprises of Bangladesh with reference to Rajshahi Sugar Mills, Harin, Industrial Finance in
Bangladesh, in Alom M.S, (1986) “Procurement policy of Sugarcane of Rajshahi Sugar Mills.” The cost and Management, vol
10. Rahman, A, (1983) “Capacity utilization in the large scale Manufacturing industry in Bangladesh,” Dhaka University studies part. c, 6 (1)
12. Sheikh, N.M. and M.M. Haque, (1988) “Production consumption and demand of Sugar” Sugar Industry in Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh Sugar and Food Industries corporation.
13. Sil, S.C. (1994) “Cost volume profit relationship of Rajshahi Sugar Mills: A case study” The Rajshahi University studies. part.c.vol.2
17. FASB (1985) “Statement of Financial Accounting Concepts No.6” Elements of Financial statements.
20. M.I.B (1972) Sugar industry of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, peoples republic of Bangladesh.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document