You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 3 pages and is made up of 3 Sections.
Section 1 – Understand how to support the organisation of a business event
1. When organising a business event, describe the range of support activities that may be required.
Business events take place for a number of different reasons. They range from business parties of celebration, to advertising events and company training days or annual network conference meetings.
There is a wide range of support activities that may be available: • Organising a venue (the event may take place on the company premises but it still needs to be booked in advance so the event can take place, it also may take place in booked external place like hotel or pub; it has to be researched so it can be cost effective and people friendly) • Booking rooms and accommodation ( this may be sometimes necessary if people attending event live long distance away making it impossible to travel after the event; research before booking also should be done to avoid high costs) • Getting the appropriate equipment ( finding the right equipment for the event is very important and depends on the type of event; some of the equipment may be: computers, speakers, microphones, screens or even in some cases portable toilets) • Getting appropriate licences ( in some cases there are licences and permits the need to obtained to