You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Adriana Marina Ivan – Business and Administration-Unit One
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
The four main points that would be included in a contract of employment are:
• Name of employer and employee • Job Title • Duties and responsibilities • Confidentiality
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Key points of legislation that affects the employer: 1. Data Protection 2. Health and Safety 3. Pay and Pension
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Key points of legislation that affects the employee: 1. Duties and responsibilities 2. Pay 3. Pensions
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Internal sources of information: 1. Line Managers 2. Staff association representatives 3.