You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Name: Elina Malniece
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
In my recent job role as a receptionist in a small country Inn/pub, there were several types of information technology used. One of those was emails. Guests were booking rooms via our web page, therefore all conformation of the bookings were received in the form of emails. One of my responsibilities was to check our email account on daily basis and take appropriate actions to sort all emails out. This could be sending booking conformation emails, deleting unnecessary Spam emails and emailing special offers and discounts to our existing customers. We also used email to communicate with our suppliers. They used to send us their special offers and discounts and confirming orders. Sometimes satisfied guests send us emails to thank the staff members and landlord for a pleasant stay. We also had a lot of regular foreign guests. As our Inn was only small, we used to get to know our regular guests quite well and on many occasions we used to receive emails with attached