Exercise 1: Put the Prefix into the sentences below. co anti bi post inter semi pre ex counter mono
1. The local trains are slow but the _________ -city trains are excellent.
2. Men who once served in the armed services are called _______- servicemen.
3. Both boys and girls go to that school. It's ________-educational.
4. It was a _______ lateral agreement, signed by India and Pakistan.
5. The ________ espionage department has caught three foreign spies.
6. Houses in Britain are often built in pairs. They're called ______- detached.
7. Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago in _______-historic times.
8. He got his university degree last year. Now he's doing ________ graduate studies.
9. To prevent petrol from freezing, put ________ freeze in the tank.
10. Maybe future trains will run on just a single rail. This system is called a _______ rail.
Exercise 2: Put the prefix into the sentences below. multi in sub under de pro trans ir uni tri
1. The countryside is becoming ______ forested so quickly that soon there will be no trees left at all.
2. He works in London and in New York so he's a regular _______-Atlantic air passenger.
3. Britain has people from all over the world. It's a _______ racial society.
4. They have discovered some ______ terranean caves 200 feet down
5. A shape with three angles is called a ________angle.
6. The ________-war party wanted more arms and a bigger army.
7. Both men and women have their hair cut there. It's a _______sex salon.
8. There aren't enough people in the country. It's ________populated.
9. She feels very ________ secure about her marriage.
10. The weekly rent is the same ________respective of the number of occupants.