Name and General Location
The name of the travel agency that I took my practicum with is Shroff International Travel Care Incorporated. It was named after the family owner’s last name, which is Shroff. The company was of 19 years in service and one of the IATA accredited travel agents here in the Philippines.
Generally, the location of the company is at 2nd floor, RCBC Building, 1932 Taft Avenue Malate Manila, Philippines 1004. It is located between LRT-1 Quirino Station and Remedios Street. The nearby landmarks are the Reyes Haircutters and Ksem Café which are a few blocks away and the RCBC Savings Bank which is located just below the travel agency.
Objective/Travel Agency’s Philosophy
Shroff Travel’s tagline “We Care” is their main philosophy. They don’t just go after providing service for their clients. They make sure it’s the best they could offer and that they satisfy their clients’ demands. One of the best attributes where in Shroff Travel stands out is versatility. They are able to adjust with every special and even weird request of their clients without sacrificing quality in their service. They are able to make the client feel that they care.
GOAL: Customer care and efficient service. Fast, fun and friendly.
WHO WE ARE: Shroff International Travel Care Inc. (SITCI) “Your airline centre”. SITCI Started its operation on March 10, 1994 with only a team of six staff. And suffice to say, we now have 2 branches located at Taft Avenue Manila and Shopwise Festival Mall Alabang to cater to our customer’s needs. We have competent staff to handle all your travel queries and needs. As of this date we are online with all international airlines worldwide through Global Distribution Systems ABACUS, AMADEUS and GALILEO.
SITCI’s dynamic growth in terms of client percentage is through the referrals of our customers who have experienced firsthand, our friendly, efficient and quality service. Heading the team is Mr. Arjun Shroff, Managing Director, who has trained with IATA/UFTA in Switzerland and 28 years of experience in the travel industry in various countries.
SITCI is an active member of the following prestigious organizations: 1. International Air Transportation Association (IATA)
2. Philippine Travel Agencies Association (PTAA)
3. Network Association of Independent Travel Agencies (NAITAS) 4. Filipino Indian Chamber of Commerce Inc. (FICCI)
5. Skal Makati International (SKAL)
6. Philippine Tour Operators Association (PHILTOA)
7. Department of Tourism (DOT)
8. Philippine Convention and Visitors Corporation (PCVC)
WHAT WE DO: SITCI is your one stop shop for all your travel needs. We meet your requirements by providing you a wide array of choices, options and flexibility of service to the best we can. We offer complete service and facilities for domestic and international travel.
1. Instant flight reservation using top GDS reservation facility. i.e. Abacus, Amadeus, Galileo. 2. Airline ticketing/ Facility of immediate ticket issuance/ E-ticketing 3. Hotel reservations/ Special hotel rates worldwide
4. Local and international tours and cruise packages
5. Tours: Insights, Trafalgar, Cosmos
6. Cruises: Princess Cruises, Star Cruises and Caribbean Cruises 7. Competitive/ Exclusive fares to all destinations
8. Travel insurance (covers legal, medical baggage, loss, etc.) 9. Passporting, visa and immigration assistance
10. Special passes: Visit USA pass, Greyhound bus, Eurail, Britail, Japan rail and Orient Express 11. International credit cards issuance/ Travellers cheque
12. Group incentives
13. Convention handling
14. Destination management company
15. Worldwide hotel reservations system
OPERATIONAL SYSTEM AND PROCEDURES:
1. How are reservations handled?
When an inquiry comes the client is asked for the complete details and requirements. The client is given the proposal based on their request. A booking is made with a deadline to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document