Positives effects of fashion
We can argue whether or not the fashion industry has more of a positive or negative effect on people of today, regardless we can agree that the fashion industry has grown to become very popular and influential. It seems as if everyone is trying to pursue a career in this field. Here are 10 positives of the fashion industry.
1. New designs- designers are able to create new designs for those people who have a love for fashion. It is an enjoyment they feel when seeing a new trend get started because fashion is unpredictable.
2. Discovering new talents- It is always a refreshing to see a new and creative designer come into the spotlight. Fashion is a very competitive industry and at times trends are duplicated. So it is nice to see an up and coming designer bring something new and different to the table. 3. Inspiration- Fashion inspires others to be creative and to want to build a career from it. Fashion motivates others to further their knowledge by attending fashion schools and turning dreams into a reality. There is an inspiration in fashion to influence you to be different.
4. Freedom of expression- Fashion is one of the ultimate way to express yourself. One of the first impression people have of you is from your appearance. But one of the great aspects of fashion is that you are free to be whoever you want to be with your choice of fashion. With fashion you have that ability to mix and match wardrobes according to your mood, attitude and feeling. 5. Connected- The world is huge, filled with diversity and culture. Fashion is like one language that everyone can understand. It connects people internationally because fashion travels from city to the next.
6. Attraction- People stays stylish and fashionable to attract the opposite sex to get noticed by someone they like. With the help of fashion you can look the part and get acknowledge.
7. Popularity- Fashion is one of the most popular items to purchase and one of the most popular topics spoken about on television. With their popularity they can influence many people.
8. Trends- Fashion is endless! Trends comes from ideas, designers and the streets, there is always some new trend in development that can potentially become a classic like the little black dress (LBD).
9. Opportunities- Fashion is not only dressing up and making clothes, you can build many careers from a fashion degree. The fashion industry opens numerous of doors for people whether you are interested in being in front of the camera, behind the camera or styling and making the garment. The possibilities are truly endless.
10. Discrimination is not evident- The world of fashion is so diverse, discrimination is not evident. The way you dress is what people view you as.
Negative Aspects of Fashion
Though importance of fashion can not be neglected in today society it has certain drawbacks too. Moral Values: Fashion does not preach ethics. Every new fashion or trend is promoted and advertised in such a manner that people (especially teens) cannot avoid it. They don’t bother whether it is moral or immoral. Economical: Fashion is often associated with promoting capitalism. Fashion is least rational; people buy new clothes when old are still wearable. They discard old clothes just because they are no longer fashionable. Fads of Fashion: Most of the fashion trends are very short-living. They come and go within few months. These are called fads of fashion. The true fashion consists of style, but people who have little awareness of fashion follow fads rather than making their own style. Harmful to Health: Certain fashion trends are harmful to health. Fashion has made teenagers extremists. What could be more shocking than a few teenagers getting strange tattoos and piercing body parts (especially the tongue or the forehead)! That pin in the tongue has to hurt. They follow such fashion blindly. Gilda Radner talking about current fashion said that “I base...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document