Assignment Cover Sheet Lecturer’s Comments Form
SECTION A: TO BE COMPLETED BY STUDENT
* This assignment cover sheet needs to be included with each assignment. Please complete all details clearly. * If you are submitting your assignment on paper, please staple this sheet to the front of each assignment. * If you are submitting your assignment online, please ensure this cover sheet is included in front your assignment. * Please check your course information booklet for assignment submission deadline and information.
| Family Name
| Given Names
| Yee Theng
| Student No.
| CT 0173497
| Administrative Management
| Lecturer’s Name
| Mr. Anand Naidu
| Assignment No.
| Assignment Due Date
| 4th FEB 2013
| DECLARATION: I hereby declare that the attached assignment is my own work. I understand that if I am suspected of plagiarism or another form of cheating, my work will be referred to the Academic Review Committee/Registrar, which may result in me being expelled from the program. My grade will be affected by the level of plagiarism detected in my assignment.
| Submission Date
Program Manager’s Name
SECTION B: COMMENTS FROM YOUR LECTURER
| ASSIGNMENT GRADE:
| Level of Plagiarism
The term of “workforce diversity” meant by diversity was describes a wide spectrum of between people. A person’s sexual preference, disability status, or many other characteristics may those reason cause the individual level to be perceived as different. The meaning of the characteristics, for example races, ageing, and also gender. Its simply meaning of Diversity means differences, example difference of age, sex, race, religion and culture etc above example are what we mention. People with different demographic different working in the organization makes diverse workforce. Its will become more important part for the organizations about these differences and how to manage it. Demographics trends in the labor force and their managerial implications. Firms that can manage employee diversity effectively, and do it better than other firms, are likely to enjoy a competitive advantage. Managers should avoid make any inferences about a specific individual issue based on demographics group changes characteristics. People of differences backgrounds possess different attitudes and values. Cultural differences determine the observed differences in work attitudes. Another question would be migration. Migration does not change the population globally; it does significantly shift individual countries’ demographics. Reasons for people to shift are: search for a better life, better job opportunities, personal freedoms or more education. (R.GOMEZ-Mejia)
These following are shown about the four management function. Planning
According to Gomez-Mezia.Balkin, 2012, planning and strategizing are designed to lead the company to fulfill its mission which includes setting future objectives and map out necessary actions to achieve those objectives. Managers from the strategic level are usually the ones engaged in the planning and organizing functions of management. By setting objectives that the organization wants to accomplish, management is able to plan for specific actions needed to achieve the objectives. Then from there onwards, allocate necessary resources to carry out the specific action and in the process provide them with the implementation guidelines of how the actions should be carried out. The goals can be perceived as follows:
* To recover the pharmaceutical from losses
* To increase employee commitment to the pharmaceutical
* Emphasize on the status between each level of management * To implement better system and policies
* Improve poor performance of employees.
With the goals and objectives in mind, comes the process of organizing. Organizing as defined by...
References: 1. R.GOMEZ-Mejia, L. Management.
2. 2. Michael Armstrong (2009) Armstrong’s Handbook of Management and Leadership, A guide to managing for results (2nd Ed.), p.88 & 89, Kogan Page, London and Philadelphia
3. Gomez-Mezia.Balkin (2012) Management, People, Performance, Change. International edition. Pearson Education Inc. New Jersey
Please join StudyMode to read the full document