POPULATION EXPLOSION SPEECH
With the advancement of technology even some control has been made on natural calamities. Through all these measures though death rate has decreased but birth rate has not appreciably decreased. Thus, it will be seen that it is the high birth rate as compared to low death rate, which is the main cause of population explosion in India. In under-developed and developing countries the cost of living is increasing day by day. For an average person it has become extremely difficult to meet both ends and one remains always busy in earning his bread and butter. Neither has he had spare money nor time to join clubs or other recreational facilities. He remains more attached to his family. For his recreation he indulges in sexual intercourse (for which no money is required) resulting into repeated conceptions and ultimately become helpless when his family grows into a large family. This leads to poverty and unemployment which results into immoral acts and encourage thefts, day robberies and even murders. When a young man or woman will remain unemployed and empty pocket he or she will indulge in such immoral acts. This state of affair is seen in a large section of young people. Causes of High Birth Rate:
1. Early attainment of puberty in girls generally upto 14 years of age. 2. Early marriage even at the age of 15 or below.
3. Poverty and low standard of living.
5. Lack of recreational facilities due to poverty.
6. Lack of awareness regarding methods of family planning.
7. Due to tradition, superstition and faith that the children are the gift of God and are not the result of man’s deeds. This ideology and fate among depressed class in villages is responsible for a large family in poor man’s house. Population explosion is the most serious problem facing our country today. With 16 per cent of the world’s population, India is toady the second largest populations’ country in the world. As on March 1.1991, when the last census...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document