College of Allied Medical Profession
Name : Holy May B. Faral
C/Y/S : BS Pharmacy 1-A
S/T/R/D : History 1/ 4:00-5:30 pm/SHL 107/MW
Course Description : Philippine History with Politics and Governance and Philippine Constitution
Title of the Report : Current Fields of Study Relationship with other Disciplines Methodology of Political Science
Objectives: At the end of my report my classmates should be able to:
1) Understand the current fields of study of Political Science in which most political scientists work.
2) Differentiate the Relationship of Political Science with other Disciplines, especially among those in the social sciences which is closely linked with one another.
3) Apply the different methods of Political Science used by political scientists for the study of institutions and of political problems.
Definition of Terms:
1) Anthropology - is a science that deals with the origin, physical and cultural developments, racial characteristics and social customs and beliefs of mankind.
2) Comparative Politics - is a field and method used in political science, characterized by an empirical approach based on comparative method. In other words, comparative politics is the study of domestic politics, political institutions, and conflicts of countries.
3) Economics - deals with the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.
4) Experimental Method - this method seeks to discover, by a series of experiments, certain general political truths on political problems relating to rule of action or political machinery that is best adapted to or workable under certain conditions.
5) Historical Method - this method seems to be the most popular of all the methods employed in studying political science. This method