* Police officers work in partnership with the communities they serve to maintain law and order, protect members of the public and their property, prevent crime, reduce the fear of crime and improve the quality of life for all citizens. They use a wide range of technology to protect individuals, identify the perpetrators of crime and ensure successful prosecutions against those who break the law. Police officers work closely with members of the criminal justice system, social workers, schools, local businesses, health trusts, housing authorities, town planners and community groups to provide advice, education and assistance to those who wish to reduce crime or have been affected by crime. I chose to research this job because I like to help people and the best way I can imagine doing this is becoming a cop. * Many police departments require that applicants be high school graduates; an increasing number expect some college education. Applicants usually must be at least twenty-one years of age and U.S. citizens. In many communities, applicants must meet minimum requirements for height, weight, eyesight, and hearing. Because most police departments fall under civil service regulations, applicants must pass written tests that measure their analytical skills. Rigorous physical examinations and background checks are also required. New recruits often participate in formal classroom training in police academies. After graduating they continue to train on the job with experienced officers for three to twelve months. In small communities there may be no formal training program. Officers are usually encouraged to continue their education by taking college courses in criminal justice. Police Officers usually wear a uniform while on duty. Police work can be dangerous and stressful. Officers often deal with violent criminals and may be injured or killed. They must make quick decisions while on duty, yet be tactful and patient with people who are in trouble or have been
and find out what a teachers job was about, but then I looked it up and realize that I was just joking to myself. Going on into middle and high school I was still confused on what I wanted to be, until I went down to a police academy and seen what was being done. These police officers were very serious about their job and their motives were to keep the crime out and put the good in people that were willing to change or comprehend on things. They weren’t here to just be here and look cute with a uniform….
A police officer's duty is to maintain public order, preventing, and detecting crime. The concept of police officers, also known as cops, and law enforcement has been around ever since the ancient Romans had a theory that an organization of "peacekeepers" would reduce the crime and violence being committed. This theory stuck with society and is still around today. People of law enforcement have a mission when they step into their police car, that mission is to enforce the rules of conduct or law….
Long Island Business Institute in Flushing, NY. After I finish the school my plan is to become a Police Officer with a specialty in counter terrorism.
My path is already in progress. As soon as I am granted Associate’s Degree, I will enroll at John Jay College in the Bachelor’s Degree Program within in Homeland Security Department in the school. I will also take the examination for Police Officer. Ultimately I will pursue a Master’s Degree….
Should Police Officer Who Lies Be Terminated?
There are many instances where police officer need to take the stand or go to court due to the reports that they take. When under oath you are supposed to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, how can you do this when you are known to lie as a police officer. A police officer is an employee of the government, when a person is hired to become a police officer there are code of conducts that you learn in the police academy (Spector, 2008). These codes….
Justice, peace, honor. This is what a police officer has, but has anyone ever wonder what a police officer has to do to become what he is? Of course they do not, hardly anyone does. Police officers have a dangerous career that requires two years of collage in the criminal division, and require kindness towards all.
When becoming a police officer, everyone has to have a bachelors degree and an agency training academy. The bachelor degree will be obtained by going to collage for four+ years majoring….
▪ My Ideal Job Profile (15 points)
▪ Written Reflection (40 points)
▪ Career Project (20 points)
▪ Business Card (15 points)
The written reflection is a 5 paragraph essay (each paragraph should contain at least 3 sentences) that must answer the following questions:
• Paragraph 1: What job did you choose and why?
• Paragraph 2: How does this career fit (or does….
Racism and Police Officers
Are all police officers purposely racist? Do they have to pass a test on racism and ones with high scores become employed at a police department? The answer is “No” to both questions. Nonetheless, according to the latest news, regarding relations between police officers and black communities, the answer should be “Yes”. Before accusing a police officer of being racist, it is wise to consider all the aspects that play role in his/her decision making when protecting the public….
Officers’ Important Skills
I feel that one of the most important skill that a police officer should have is good observation skills. It is important that law enforcement officers have good observation skills because they are essential in an investigation, every day duties, encounters with criminals and the determination of a situation. According to Dahl (2002) enforcing a law could not work if it was not for perception. Its entirety structure is based on perception. Infringement of the law are watched….
A Career as a Police Officer
A Career as a Police Officer
This paper discusses three major aspects of becoming a police officer: job description, qualifications, and compensation. I would love to become a police officer. It is a good job even though it’s a risky job depending on where you are working, but it is worth it. It has good benefits and a reasonable salary. Most important is that I think it will be a challenging and rewarding career, and I think with my natural curiosity….
Police Officer as Sociologist
# Title Role of Police Officer
1 Cultural translator Police officer attempts to lessen misperceptions between parties and to build trust between them.
2 Peace publicist Police officer attempts to redirect resources to improve social life in a more efficient manner.
3 Assessor of novel ideas Police officer points out the pleasures gained by misconduct so that a better understanding of why people engage in conflict may be realized.
4 Defender of the language Police….