PM586 Final Exam Study Guide
YOU MAY WANT TO PRINT THIS GUIDE, FIND THE LOCATION AND AREA OF THE CONCEPTS TO STUDY AND USE THIS GUIDE TO INSURE YOUR SUCCESS FOR THE FINAL EXAM. 1. The final exam is "open book, open notes." The maximum time you can spend in the exam is 3 hours, 30 minutes. If you have not clicked the Submit For Grade button by then, you will be automatically exited from the exam. In the final exam environment, the Windows clipboard is disabled, and so you will not be able to copy exam questions or answers to or from other applications. 2. You should click the Save Answers button in the exam frequently. This helps prevent connection timeouts that might occur with certain Internet Service Providers, and also minimizes lost answers in the event of connection problems. If your internet connection does break, when you reconnect you will normally be able to get back into your final exam without any trouble. Remember, though, that the exam timer continues to run while students are disconnected, so students should try to re-login as quickly as possible. The Help Desk cannot grant any student additional time on the exam. 3. See Syllabus "Due Dates for Assignments & Exams" for due date information. 4. Reminders:
* You will only be able to enter your online Final Exam one time * Click the "Save Answers" button often
* If you lose your Internet connection during your Final Exam, logon again and try to access your Final Exam. If you are unable to enter the Final Exam, contact first the help desk and then your instructor. * You will always be able to see the time remaining in the Final Exam at the top right of the page
5. Assessments with Multiple Pages:
* Make sure you click the "Save Answers" button before advancing to the next page (we also suggest clicking on save answers while you are working) * Complete all of the pages before submitting your Final Exam for instructor review * Do NOT use your browser's 'Back' and 'Forward' buttons during the Final Exam * Please use the provided links for navigation
6. Submitting Your Final Exam:
* When you are finished with the Final Exam, click on the "Submit for Grade" button * Please note: Once you click the "Submit for Grade" button, you will NOT be able to edit or change any of your answers
7. Exam Questions
* There are twelve (12) randomly selected multiple-choice questions each worth 5 points for a total of 60 points. * There are seven (7) randomly selected essay questions each worth 25-30 points for a total of 205 points.
* There is one (1) randomly selected short answer question worth 10 points.
* The final exam covers all course TCOs and Weeks 1-7, including Appendix A.
* The final exam contains multiple pages, which can be completed in any order. You may go back and forth between the pages.
* Not everyone will have the same questions, as they will be randomly generated. Even if you do have some of the same questions, they may not be in the same order. These questions are distributed amongst the TCOs. The entire exam is worth 275 points.
* On the essay questions your answers should be succinct, fully address each part of the question, and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in a concise but complete answer. Most essay questions require answers that are a couple of paragraphs (not a couple of sentences) that directly speak to each part of the question. Some students opt to work on the essay questions first, due to their higher point value and length of time needed to adequately address each question. But this is entirely your choice.
* Remember always use proper citation when quoting other sources! This means that ANY borrowed material (even a short phrase) is being placed in quotation marks with the source (URL, author/date/page #) immediately following the end of the passage (the end quote). Changing a few...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document