When it comes in tossing around pizza no one can beat Pizza Hut the world’s largest and successful Pizza chain with over 12,689 restaurants in 88 countries around the globe.
Thanks to a bright suggestion of a friend, $ 600 starting money from a mother and two enterprising brothers. The current world’s largest and most successful pizza restaurant, PIZZA HUT was made. The two brothers named Dan and Frank Carney are of the pioneers of the now well-known pizza restaurant. They began in 1958 and borrowed their initial investment worth $ 600 to their mother and materialize the suggestion of a friend to have a pizza parlor. They opened up the first Pizza hut in Wichita, Kansas U.S.A the business started to grow and profitable even in other countries and also in the Philippines. Pizza Hut is an American restaurant chain and international franchise that offers different styles of pizza along with side dishes including pasta,buffalo wings, breadsticks, and garlic bread. Pizza Hut is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (the world's largest restaurant company) with approximately 34,000 restaurants, delivery/carry-out locations, and kiosks in 100 countries.
Philippine Pizza Inc., the franchise owner and operator of Pizza Hut, has over 140 restaurants, here in the Philippines since it began in 1984. * January,1984= the first restaurant in Quad, Makati (Parksquare) was opened * 1986= first provincial outlet was opened in Dau, Pampanga * 1987= the first mall outlet was opened in SM North Edsa * 1989= delivery was introduced in Greenbelt store and was converted to RBD * 1990= first DELCO unit was opened in Wilson Greenhills
* 1990= first food court outlet was opened in Food Gallery * 1993= Pizza hut was introduced in Cebu with opening its outlet in Gaisano Country Mall * November 14,1997= the Customer Service Center was establish and the new state of the art one number 911-111
Pizza Hut's Mission Statement
We take pride in making a perfect pizza and providing courteous and helpful service on time all the time. Every customer says, "I'll be back!" We are the employer of choice offering team members opportunities For Growth, Advancement, And Rewarding Careers in a Fun, Safe Working Environment. P.E.A.R.L
* PASSION for excellence in doing everything
* EXECUTE with positive energy and urgency.
* ACCOUNTABLE for growth in customer satisfaction and profitability. * RECOGNIZE the achievement of others and have fun doing it. * LISTEN and more importantly, respond to the voice of the Customer
Pizza Hut Operations
The Pizza Hut restaurant operation is the face of the company. The role of operations is to be obsessed with the quality of our pizza and the experience that our customers receive.
There are five categories of Pizza Hut Restaurants.
* RR = Red Roof also known as Traditional Restaurant ( dine-in/ take-out/ slice) * RBD = Restaurant Based Delivery ( dine-in/ take-out / slice/ delivery) * DELCO = Delivery and Take-out or carry-out restaurants
* EXPRESS = offer a limited menu with many products not found at traditional Pizza Huts. These type of stores are often paired in a colocated location with a sibling brand such as Wing Street, KFC or Taco Bell, and are also found on college campuses, food courts, theme parks, and in stores such as Target. * BISTRO = casual dine-in restaurant
Pizza Hut’s CHAMPS
Pizza hut create their standard process in understanding what the customers really want and doing whatever it takes to make it happen this is what they call as CHAMPS which stands for: Cleanliness = Before and after handling the customers
These six items define the very core of customer expectations. CHAMPS has become the vehicle which drives Operations Excellence into our business and is also supported by a reward and recognition scheme for the Team members.
The 'CHAMPScheck' is a tool...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document