Physics End of Year Reflection Paper
At the beginning of this course you were given some overarching enduring understandings and essential questions. These were:
Overarching Enduring Understandings:
Students will uncover and use appropriate scientific models to describe and quantify the nature and interactions of matter and energy.
Students should understand that there is a network of rules and relationships that determine what will happen in a given situation
Students should understand that physics principles are applicable to their everyday lives
Students should find that by studying the rules of nature, the beauty of natural world becomes more alive to them
Overarching Essential Questions:
1. How does physics serve to improve our understanding of physical systems?
2. How do the principles of physics effect your daily life?
3. Describe something in nature that has become more compelling for you because of an understanding of physics principles
4. Is it possible to describe the whole natural world (chemical and biological) with a small number of physical principles? Explain!
5. Is physics a redundant science? Do we now have a clear understanding of the interactions between matter and energy on all scales? Is technological application the main thrust of physics research today? Explain!
Reflect on the overarching essential questions above. You must:
1. write a coherent (makes sense) and persuasive (sell me..I believe…. because….) paper using concepts, understandings and examples from class to illustrate your answers. 2. present information in a logical sequence with introduction and conclusion 3. keep your paper to two or three double spaced typed pages. 4. include a cover sheet with the title “Reflection Paper” and your name
Layout: Cover sheet, two to three...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document