STUDENT NAME/SECTION: Addie Chan - 017
1. Topic: Do Not Procrastinate
2. Circle the General Purpose of your speech: (to inform or to persuade) 3. List the Main Points that you will develop:
I. The disadvantages for procrastinating
II. The advantages for not procrastinating
4. Method of organization: Circle One Method Below
Chronological; Spatial; Topical; Cause/Effect; Problem/Cause/Solution; Problem/Solution; Comparative Advantages; Monroe’s Motivated Sequence: [Attention, Need, Satisfaction, Visualization, Action] 5. Specify the Specific Purpose in a phrase containing: (general purpose, topic, and main points) To persuade the audience not to procrastinate in any situation
6. Write a FULLY DEVELOPED SENTENCE stating the Specific Purpose Statement of your speech (includes your specific purpose (#5 above): In order to understand why you should not procrastinate, you fist need to find out what are the disadvantages for procrastinating and what are the advantages for not procrastinating.
7. List a connective/transitional phrase that you may use to get from your Introduction to Main Point I: As you know, people do procrastinate a lot. In your opinion is it bad or good to procrastinate?
8. List a connective/transitional phrase that you may use to get from your MPI to your MPII: The disadvantages for procrastinating are that it forces you to finish your work in a hurry. You will have to stay up all night to finish your work and causes lack of sleep. And sometimes it makes you miss the due dates.
8. List a connective/transitional phrase you may use to get from MPII to your MPIII: The advantages for not procrastinate is that get your done on-time, or sometime even early, which creates less stressful environment and it gives you more free time to be productive.
Circle the form of backup support that your will use in your speech: Anecdotes Comparisons/Contrast Definition Examples Quotations
Descriptions & Statistics
Circle the technique you have chosen for your introduction: Starling statement Reference to current incident
Quotation Reference to a common experience
Circle the technique you will use for your conclusion:
Summary (Review of Main Points)
Echo of introduction
Stop Procrastination Info. N.p., 2008. Web. 23 Nov. 2014. . The article above provides me a basic definition of what procrastinate mean and how it affects other people. Besides the definitions it also provides some helpful information on why people should not procrastinate and what will happen when people procrastinate.
Hobbs, Jason. "What Are The Major Disadvantages of Procrastination?" Ezine. N.p., 3 Apr. 2008. Web. 23 Nov. 2014. . This article gave me a basic understanding of the disadvantages of procrastinating and the advantages of not doing so. And most importantly it shows us how people react to the situation and how they learned their lessons after they procrastinate.
Letham, Susan J. "The Procrastination Problem." Success Consciousness Mental Tools for a Great Life. Remez Sasson, n.d. Web. 23 Nov. 2014. . This article actually provides me with lots of information on how bad procrastination is and it also talks about the negatives side of procrastination. Most importantly, it gives me some instructions on how to manage my time and schedules instead of waiting until the last minutes to do everything.
Andreou, Chrisoula. Philosophical Essays on Procrastination. N.p.: n.p., 2010. Print. This book explained about where the word procrastinates came from, and why people use that word so much. Also it gives a brief description on why people...
Bibliography: Stop Procrastination Info. N.p., 2008. Web. 23 Nov. 2014. .
November 24, 2014
Please join StudyMode to read the full document