27th January, 2012
Personal Narrative Outline
Thesis: There are many uncontrolled circumstances that can change your life in an instant. Therefore spend as much time as you can with your loved ones and live in the moment, because time is never enough.
1. Do you know how it feels when you are this close to losing everything important to you?
2. There was this one incident that completely changed my outlook on life and it took place while I was back in Pakistan.
3. Pakistan has some beautiful mountainous areas and is at quite an elevation. Murree was at about 7000 ft, and my family and I would pay a visit to a very famous spot called Kashmir Point, which would go around the presidential summer house. In many years that we had been there, this was the first time we stared right into deaths face.
1. Kashmir point was a path for pedestrians to stroll on, and have a look at the presidential house from the outside. It went right around and was about a fifteen minutes walk. 2. This entire area is usually very foggy and wet, the pine trees were rather old and tall, making it a little dark even though it was mid-day. 3. About a hundred feet towards the end of our walk, my dad and one of my younger sisters, Norah, noticed a little broken path leading down to a beautiful old gazebo. Since it was a broken and there was a dead drop on either sides, dad decided to head down first and then I was to help the rest down later. It was my three younger sisters, my parents, my aunt and me.
1. After sending down my mum and my sisters, my aunt and I decided we would come last, as we would be the ones taking pictures, but as we almost stepped down, in the next moment all that happened was, two men pushed my aunt and I towards the gazebo, grabbed the camera out of my hands and caught hold of Myra my younger sister and had a gun held at her head. At first I could not accept the fact it was...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document