1. Describe at least three specific individual differences that may give you an advantage in the workplace. (1-3 sentences. 1.5 points) Co-workers with diverse cultural backgrounds bring unique experiences and perceptions to the table in groups and work teams. Another advantage of workplace diversity is the opportunity for employees' personal growth. Being exposed to new ideas, cultures and perspectives can help individuals to reach out intellectually and gain a clearer view of their surroundings and their place in the world. Diversity can strengthen your company's relationships with specific customer groups by making communication more effective.
2. Choose an industry you might be interested in working in, and explain why this industry interests you. (2-4 sentences. 1.0 points) I would use the Graphic Rating Scale.
3. Describe at least two methods you would use to identify job opportunities if you were looking for a job. Explain why you would use these methods. (2-4 sentences. 1.0 points)
4. Choose a career from the following list: financial planner, financial analyst, accountant, risk manager, cash manager, treasurer, CFO, and comptroller. Use the Internet to find information about this career, and answer the questions below. TIP: The U.S. Occupational Outlook Handbook (http://www.bls.gov/oco/) may be a good source for this information.
a. What is the name of this career? (0.5 points) Financial planner
b. Describe at least two tasks a person with this career might perform. (1-2 sentences.
1.0 points) Education planning, insurance planning
c. What level of education is this career likely to require? (0.5 points) The education
requirement for attaining CFP® certification
5. Choose another career from the following list: financial planner, financial analyst, accountant, risk manager, cash manager, treasurer, CFO, and comptroller. Use the Internet to find information about this career, and answer the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document