Iran(former Persia) is a country located in the middle-east. However, it's not an ARAB country and the people speak persian(farsi) NOT arabic. They are well known for being rich, educated, and good looking. They are also famous for their cats and hand-made rugs. Physical features: Persian women are said to be some of the most beautiful women in the world. They are famous for their exotic looking eyes. In general, Persians have black hair, brown eyes, and light brown skin. However, this is just a generalization and it varies. There are some who have hazel eyes or brown hair, and some who have dark brown skin. Persian men are very handsome and Persian women are some of the best looking women in the middle east ( Only Lebanon has more beautiful women!) They are known for dressing in Armani, Roberto Cavalli and Gucci Iranians in the US refer to themselves as Persians.
Iranians/Persians living in the US are said to have some of these stereotypes (although I dont have most of them!)
1. at your party you play techno songs the whole freakin' night. 2. you drink tea at the end of the night to sober up
3. You remove the 318 emblem from your BMW and install M3 wheels on the car. 4. You brag to your friend that your BMW was shipped from Germany 5. You keep your black leather jacket on the whole night at the party eventhough it's warm as hell
6. Your parents always call you to help them fill out form that are in English 7. Your parents always complain about the food at the local persian restaurant eventhough they go there every weekend
8. All your persian friends are DJ's
9. You talk in an italian NY style dilect.."yo, ha yoo doin?" 10. After 15 years of marriage, your mother still calls your wife "Aroos" 11.If you talk behind your wife with your mother.
12. If you dress up to go to grocery store.
13. If you go to a concert but never see the singer and stay in the hallways with your drink checking out girls.
14. You know Amoo Noo Ruz and Haji Firooz will start a light saber fight with the Mullahs and restore the persian jedi order!
15. If you smoke five packs a day and tell everyone you don't smoke. 16. If you pronounce "Sure": SHOOR
17. If you are about 35 and have no hair on your head.
18. If you watch Iranian programs on TV, but always nag about them. 19. If you are good in playing backgammon and chess but can't do your taxes. 20. If you call a gas station: gas essteshen.
21. If you ask someone to marry and they want to know if you own a house. 22. If you divorce your wife but still don't let her date anyone else. 23. If your wife divorces you, but still goes shopping with your sister. 24. If you used to be a brain surgeon in Iran but now you work in a chelokababy. 25. If you carry 3 pagers and 2 cellular phone but nobody ever calls you. 26. If you claim your dad was a very good friend of the SHAH. 27. If you don't own a house and have no job but still can afford a BMW. 28. If you have to shave more than once a day.
29. If you were a 4 star general in Iran and now drive a cab in Washington,D.C. 30. If your inlaws come to visit but never leave.
31. When they ask "where are you from?" you reply...Italy!!..yet have a "tasbeeh" in your hand.
32. Have rice with yogurt using a spoon and fight over its Tahdeeg. 33. Have an "Aaftaabeh in your Toilet" and if not...water in a milk bottle will do just as good.
34. Invite friends over for dinner and buy Pizza, yet cook some extra rice...just in case!
35. Believe no one else can make Kabaab better than us.
36. Watch Rugby Test Matches, yet play only soccer over the weekends. 37. Being addicted (so much) to "Tea " that you drink it in a big coffee mug. 38. complain about everybody's accent, but yours.
39. You have to be a Doctor or a Dentist. No other profession in the world is any good.
40. Your future wife/husband must be Iranian.
41. Your Parents must first approve of all your girl/boy friends which is usually settled...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document