Background of the Study
The dissertation program is a connected part of the MBA program that all the students have to submit. The students are sent to various organizations where they are assigned to one or more projects. At the end of the program, the internees are required to place the accomplishments and findings of the project through the writing of the dissertation report covering the relevant topics. During this program, supervisor guilds each student- one from the university and the other from the organization.
This report is the outcome of a 3 months June to October 2009, dissertation program in AB Bank Limited, Dhaka.
Objectives of the study
This study is intended for providing me invaluable practical knowledge about banking operation system in Bangladesh. The prime objective of the study is to examine the “Overall Performance of AB Bank Limited.: A Comparative Analysis”.
However, the specific objectives are the followings:
• To accomplish the partial requisite of MBA Program and to achieve of good judgment with theoretical base.
• To have a evaluation of AB Bank
• To evaluate the factors affecting performance of AB Bank.
• To make a comparative analysis of the performance of AB Bank is valuation to Southeast Bank and Brac Bank Ltd.
For teaming up the data & information collected through primary & secondary sources I have used both qualitative & quantitative method. During my study I followed some methodology to find out the fact & feature of the bank which are given as follows:
* Sources of data/ information: I have collected my information/ data from the following sources, which helped me to make this report. The source has divided by two parts.
Such as, 01. Primary source and 02. Secondary source.
I used both the above sources.
Primary sources: It includes interviews & conversation with offices & executives of the Bank of different divisions/ department and branches.
Secondary sources: It