12 February 2013 Superman Example Essay Outline
I. Introduction- Superman played an important rhetorical role during the World War Two. Superman gave hope to the people during difficult times.
A. Broad statement about topic-Superman was being used as a symbol for hope. The strength superman possess represented the moral strength of the United States.
B. Transition sentence-The heroism characteristic of Superman was involved in the problems the United States faced.
C. Thesis- In rough time’s superman gave the people moral support, social responsibility, and the expression of a secular messiah.
II. Values and Ideologies- Good over …show more content…
Hopes and Fears
1. Superman was being introduced in comic books as the hero of WWII.
2. He had stopped the war and saved thousands of lives.
B. Great Depression
1. Kryptonite represented the great depression of the United States.
2. Crime also symbolized a weakness to the United States.
1. Kryptonite was Superman’s only weakness.
2. Kryptonite would remove Superman’s powers.
IV. Religion and Social Structure
1. Superman’s powers were being compared to those of Hercules and Moses.
2. Superman served a purpose to protect everyone.
1. Superman represented a savior for times of crisis.
C. Lois Lane
1. Lois lane was introduced as a more adventurous woman compared to the stay at home wives.
2. Louis was an independent hard working woman.
D. Luthor/Lex Luthor
1. Luthor was known as the billionaire business man who hated superman.
2. Luthor main goal was to destroy superman and create chaos.
V. Conclusion- Although, superman did not receive any money or incentive, he manage to show social responsibility, being a secular messiah, and moral support.
A. Paraphrase thesis- Superman has shown people social responsibility along with moral support. It has also taken the image of a god willing to risk his life to save us