April 29, 2012
Analyzing A Publicly Held Corporation
1. What is the name of your corporation?
Mobile Area Networks, Inc
2. Where are the corporate headquarters?
2772 Depot Street, Stanford, Florida
3. What is the corporation’s fiscal year end?
December 31, 2010
4. What are the primary products or services of the corporation? Plastic manufacturing
5. Graph the high and low price of the company’s stock for each quarter of the last two years. What was the high and what was the low? High - .02 Low - .005
6. Who is the company’s transfer agent, and where are they located? Standard Registrar & Transfer Company, Inc.
12528 South 1840 East Draper, UT 84020
7. Who are your company’s competitors?
Bridgestone Corporation, Continental AG, Michelin, among many others.
8. On which stock exchange is your corporation’s stock traded? OTCBB, OTCQB
9. What is the current market price of their stock?
10. What is the ticker symbol used to identify your corporation on the stock exchange?
11. What is the Internet address of your corporation? Be sure it appears as a hyperlink. http://mobilan.com/
12. Is the corporation’s Annual Report on-line?
13. Are its financial statements on-line?
14. Is your company listed on Annualreports.com?
15. How long is your company’s 10-K report at the Securities and Exchange Commission website (Edgar Database)? 25 pages long.
Cash Flow and Retained Earnings:
16. List the amount of cash flows from each of the three activities, Operating, Investing, and Financing for the two most recent years. What was the increase or decrease in cash for each of these years? Operating: (124,067), (203,729)
Investing: 0, 0
Financing: 81,230 , 476,727
Change in cash: 2010 – 42,837 2009 – 41,960
17. Were there any Non-cash Investing/Financing Transactions? Describe the type and amount. N/A
18. What is the dollar difference between accrual net income and Cash provided by Operations?
19. What investing activity provided the largest inflow of cash in the current year? N/A
20. What investing activity used the largest amount of cash in the current year? N/A
21. What financing activity provided the largest inflow of cash in the current year? Advances (Repayments) from stockholders
22. What financing activity used the largest amount of cash in the current year? Interest paid - $17,070
23. Does the company have sufficient cash inflows from the appropriate category? Describe any problems the company many experience with cash flow from your analysis of the cash flow statement. This company is clearly at a loss. They are not generating any profits at all, they are operating at an increasing loss. The company will have to find new sources of income to continue to finance their operations. Also they must implement new marketing and sales techniques to increase sales and profits. Their production may be too slow and little rewarding for their overhead.
24. Show the change in Retained Earnings for the two most recent years. What was net income for each year? How much was paid out in dividends each year? The company is operating at a loss, there were no retained earnings. Net losses reported are $413,373 and $335,804 for the years ended December 31, 2010 and 2009 respectively. No dividends have been issued.
25. Were the dividends on common stock and/or preferred stock? What was the amount of each? N/A
26. Did Retained Earnings change for any reasons other than net income or dividends? Explain. No retained earnings were reported.
27. What classes of stock does your company have?
28. How many shares of each class of stock are authorized, how many are issued, and how many are outstanding? 50,000,000 shares of common stock, no par, authorized. 49,060,788 shares issued and outstanding.
29. Does your company have any...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document