Word Count: 5,484 words
Kwan Kai Wing 52072588
BSc BIT – Group 1
205KM Management and Organizational Behavior
Assignment 1 – Approaches to Management and Organizational Behavior
Tsingtao and Heineken:
Drink together cross the globe?
Tsingtao is the China’s oldest beer brand and the firm want to share the globe market in the following years. Heineken is a famous international beer company with legend. In this essay, we would like to study the organization behavior of these two firms and compare their organization structure in order to find out how Tsingtao sharing the globe market like Heineken.
To find out the organization structure of Tsingtao and Heineken and discuss the potential of globalization of these two companies.
Table of contents
|Objectives |1 | |Business Background | | |Business Background of Tsingtao |2 | |Business Background of Heineken |4 | |Organization Structure and Design | | |3.1 Organization Structure of Tsingtao |7 | |3.2 Organization Structure of Heineken |11 | |3.3 Compare the Similarities and Differences of Organization Structure between Tsingtao & Heineken |12 | |Approaches to Management & Organizational Behavior | | | 4.1 Motivation |13 | | 4.2 Leadership |15 | | 4.3 Learning & Knowledge Management |16 | | 4.4 Human Resource Management |19 | | 4.5 Culture & Diversity |20 | | 4.6 Information Technology |23 | | 4.7 Communication |25 | |Conclusion |25 | |References |26 |
2. Business Background
1. Business Background of Tsingtao
“Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd., one of the oldest beer producers in China, was founded in 1903 by German and British merchants under the name Nordic Brewery Co., Ltd. Tsingtao Branch. Tsingtao Brewery was the sponsor of the Beijing Olympics in 2008. The brand value of Tsingtao Beer is as high as RMB 36.625 billion, making Tsingtao Brewery the top Chinese beer company among the world’s top 500 brands.
On July 15, 1993, Tsingtao Brewery became the first-ever Chinese company to be listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (stock code 0168). On August 27, 1993, it was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (stock code: 600600), making Tsingtao...
References: 1. Birkinshaw, J. ‘The Structures behind Global Companies’, in Pickford, J. (ed.) Mastering Management 2.0, Financial Times Prentice Hall (2001), p. 76.
2. Heineken Official Website-Hong Kong (2010) Brands-Heineken Hong Kong [online] available from < http://www.heinekenhongkong.com/chi/?page=brands> [3 Dec 2010]
7. Tsingtao Official Website (2010) Tsingtao Profile [online] available from
< http://www.tsingtao.com.cn/en/abouttsin/companp/265881.shtml> [3 Dec 2010]
8. Tsingtao Official Website (2005) Introduction to TsingTao Brewery Group Co., Lld 2005 [online] available from [3 Dec 2010]
10. 魏小英 (2007) 青岛汉斯啤酒品牌提升策略研究 [online] available from < http://wenku.baidu.com/view/a94bc237a32d7375a417806e.html> [5 Dec 2010]
12. 责任编辑 (2009) 中國好酒招商網 - [online] available from
14. 蓝凌科技 (2008) CIO时代网 - [online] available from
(魏小英 2007) Functional Departmentation
Please join StudyMode to read the full document