Pages: 14 (3407 words) /
Published: Sep 4th, 2013
• 2. Organizational Behavior is a field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups, and structure have on behavior within organization for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization's effectiveness. Definition…
• 3. OB is a field of study… Means a distinct area of expertise with a common body of knowledge Organizational Behavior is a field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups, and structure have on behavior within organization for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization's effectiveness. What does it study? It studies three determinants of behavior in organization Individuals, Groups, structure Applying such knowledge… OB applies knowledge about individuals, groups and the effect of structure on behavior in order to make organization work more effectively.
• 4. Therefore … OB is concerned with the study of what people do in an organization and how the behavior affects the performance of the organization. It is concerned with employment related situations, and emphasizes behavior as related to concerns such as jobs, work, absenteeism, employment turnover, productivity, performance and management.
• 5. Psychology – The science that seeks to measure, explain, and sometimes change the behavior of human and other animals. Sociology – The study of people in relation to their fellow human beings. Social psychology – An area with psychology that blends concepts from psychology and sociology and that focuses on the influence of people on one another. Anthropology – The of societies to learn about human beings and their activities. Political science – the study of the behaviour of individual and groups within a political environment
• 6. CONTRIBUTING DISCIPLINES TO THE FIELD OF OB
• 7. CONTRIBUTING DISCIPLINES TO THE FIELD OF OB Behavioral Science Contribution Unit of analysis Output Psychology