Semester: Fall 2012 Deadline for Submission of Assignment: November 5, 2012
Attempt all questions. Your answers should not be copied, word-for-word, from the textbook. You may use the terms, concepts, examples from the textbook, but these must be written as your own, independent expression.
1. What are the three levels of analysis in this book’s OB model? And draw the diagram of OB model stage II
2. Identify the challenges and opportunities managers have in applying OB concepts.
3. Explain the key biographical characteristics and describe how they are relevant to
4. What are the main levels of diversity and how it can be managed in the real organization? 5. What are the main components of “Attitudes”? Are these components related or unrelated? Use two examples for each component.
6. What are the basic similarities and differences between Emotions and Moods? What are the basic Emotions and basic Moods dimensions?
7. Explain how personality is measured, and explain the factors that determine an individual’s personality. Or demonstrate how the Big Five traits predict behavior at work. 8. What is attribution theory? What are the three determinants’ of attribution? What is its implication for explaining Organizational Behavior?
9. Many millionaires keep working in later years of their lives. What is the motivation for them? Or demonstrate how organizational justice is a refinement of equity theory. 10. Demonstrate how the different types of variable-pay programs can increase employee motivation? Or describe the job characteristics model and evaluate the way it motivates by changing the work environment
Individual level in individual level organizational behavior involves the study of learning, perception, creativity, motivation, personality, turnover, task