| | |
The purpose of this assignment is to assess my ability to analyse, synthesise and evaluate the leadership styles of a successful organizational leader. It is also designed to enable me to apply the relevant theories of leadership that I have learned in my Organizational Behaviour course to explain why the leader is successful. This assignment will also assess my ability to justify the reasons or bases why I have chosen Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz as a successful leader in Bank Negara Malaysia. TABLE OF CONTENT
|Background of Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz |1-3 | | | | |Background of Bank Negara Malaysia |4-9 | | | | |The Analysis of the Leadership Style/ Approach |10-13 | | | | |Application of the Leadership Theory/ Theories |14-19 | | | | |Conclusion |20 | | | | |References |21 | | | | | | | | | | 1. Background of Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz is the 7th and current governor of Bank Negara Malaysia, Malaysia's central bank. She has been governor since May 2000, and was the first woman in the position. Zeti Akhtar Aziz was born in Johor Bharu, Johor on August 27 1947, to father Royal Professor Ungku Aziz (the founder Lembaga Tabung Haji), of Circassian and Malay descent, and Sharifah Azah Mohamed Alsagoff, who is of Hadhrami Araband Malay descent. Her husband is Taufik Ayman and she had two sons, Alif and Aziz. She received early education at Assunta High School, Petaling Jaya in 1958. In 1970, she received a Bachelor's degree in Economics from University Malaya. She subsequently continued her studies at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, receiving a PhD in monetary and international economics. As part of her PhD dissertation she carried out pioneering work on capital flows and its implications for monetary policy. Zeti Akhtar Aziz began her career as an...
References: • BBGO4103 Organizsational Behaviour (2009). Editor: Open University Malaysia (OUM). Seri Kembangan, Sel.: Meteor Doc. Sdn. Bhd.
• Leaderships (Online). Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership (2010, Mar 1)
• Leaderships (Online). Available: http://www.managementhelp.org/ (2010, Mar 1)
• Bank Negara Malaysia (Online). Available: http://www.bnm.gov.my/
(2010, Mar 15)
• Bank Negara Malaysia (Online). Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_Negara_Malaysia (2010, Mar 15)
• Zeti Akhtar Aziz (Online). Available: http://www.silobreaker.com/biography-for-zeti-akhtar-aziz (2010, Mar 15)
• Zeti Akhtar Aziz (Online). Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeti_Akhtar_Aziz (2010, Mar 15)
Please join StudyMode to read the full document