10 Heroic Archetypes
-Heroic Archetypes are people who go out of their way to help others. Usually it is someone rescuing a damsel in distress, or anything else that involves saving.
1) King Arthur- Britain was chaos before King Arthur stepped into power. But when King Arthur defeated the Saxons and ruled as a king, he restored Britain to a peaceful land.
2) Lancelot-Lancelot was in love with Queen Guinevere, King
Arthur's wife. King Arthur found out about this and prepared to kill Queen Guinevere at the stake. But as King Arthur was to do so, Lancelot came and rescued her before they could execute her.
3) Merlin- Merlin preformed guidance when Arthur was just a baby. Merlin took Arthur away from King Uther (his biological father) and gave Arthur to a foster family. When Arthur was around 16, Merlin had the sword in the stone, knowing that Arthur would become king. So, the largest reason Arthur became King was because of Merlin's doings.
4) Bors- One day, Bors saw his brother Lionel, being led away by two captors. Apparently, he had been abused and badly whipped by his enemies. Before he could rescue his brother. A maiden called out for his help. A man abducted her, and was set to rape her.Bors suffered from agonizing indecision. He must either help his brother from being killed or to rescue the maiden from being raped. Bors decided that his knightly honor demanded that he should rescue the maiden. Bors easily defeated the cruel man, and escorted the girl to her family who was searching for her.
5) Galahad- He was the son of Lancelot and Elaine. Galahad was one of the few who laid eyes on the Holy Grail. Galahad for the most part travels alone, killing his enemies, rescuing Sir Percival, and saving maidens in distress, until he is finally reunited with Sir Bors and Sir Perceval. The knights get on a ship and achieve the quest of the Holy Grail, but along the way, Sir Bors has to bring Percival's dead sister...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document