OFF PREMISE LAUNDRY OFF PREMISE LAUNDRY
* OPL MEANS LAUNDRY WHICH IS NOT PRESENT INSIDE THE HOTEL PREMISES. * THESE CATERS TO HOTELS ON A CONTRACT BASIS.
* THEY CHARGE RATE ACCORDING TO THE TYPES OF LINEN / ARTICLE. * THEY CATERS TO MAINLY THOSE HOTELS WHERE SOMETIMES GUEST FLOW IS VERY LOW AND SOME RESORTS AND SEASONAL HOTELS ARE INCLUDE IN THIS. * MANY HOTELEIARS DOESNOT WANT TO INVEST A HUGE AMOUNT ON LAUNDRY SETUP SO THEY GO WITH OPL SERVICES. DEMERITS OF OPL
* LESS CONTROL OVER STANDARDS AND QUALITY OF WASHING AND DRYCLEANING. * DELIVERY AND COLLECTION DELAYS.
* HIGHER PAR STOCK IS REQUIRED.
* EXTRA COST FOR SPECIAL TREATMENTS.
* LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ARTICLES IS HIGH.
ELEMENTS AND PERFORMANCE
CRITERIA FOR GUEST
* Customer laundry is handled appropriately in accordance with establishment requirements. Communication maintained with providers of off-premises laundry services ensures clear understanding of establishment requirements * Customer laundry is returned to the customer clean, dry, complete, and in condition specified by customer in a timely manner in accordance with establishment requirements. * Range: condition – folded, pressed, dry-cleaned, laundered. * Customers are charged for laundry in accordance with establishment requirements . MAINTENANCE OF OPL FOR HOTELS
* Establishment laundry is handled appropriately in accordance with establishment requirements. * Range: laundry – linen, bedding, towelling, staff uniforms, soft furnishings. * Documentation and recording processes for establishment laundry are maintained in accordance with establishment requirements. * Storage area for customer and establishment laundry is kept free from infestation any signs of infestation are reported in accordance with establishment requirements.
* Establishment laundry is checked to ensure it is clean, dry, complete and in condition specified on...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document