Muscles and liver. kidney and muscles. liver and kidney. liver and pancreas. |
2. (TCO 2) Which of the following enzymes is found in the mouth? (Points : 1) |
Salivary amylase |
3. (TCO 2) After a meal, which hormone is responsible for moving glucose into the body's cells? (Points : 1) |
4. (TCO 1) What is the major monosaccharide found in the body? (Points : 1) |
5. (TCO 2) ________ is a technique employed by some endurance athletes to increase their storage of muscle glycogen. (Points : 1) |
6. (TCO 2) In the absence of a carbohydrate, ________ are produced from the incomplete breakdown of body fat. (Points : 1) | amyloses amylases ketones bacteria |
7. (TCO 2) Which of the following BEST describes the glycemic index? (Points : 1) |
An individual's glucose/insulin ratio in a fasted state
The amount of insulin required to metabolize 100 grams of glucose
The glucose content of a given food
The extent to which a given food raises blood glucose and insulin |
8. (TCO 2) Which of the following are substances in plant foods that are not absorbed by the body? (Points : 1) |
Simple sugars |
9. (TCO 3) Which of the following is TRUE regarding Type I diabetes? (Points : 1) |
Its increased prevalence is linked to the rise in obesity.
Therapy typically is limited to the use of hypoglycemic medications.
It has only been diagnosed in individuals over the age of 20.
Because individuals do not produce any insulin, treatment always involves insulin therapy. |
10. (TCO 3) Lactose intolerance is due to a(n): (Points : 1) | deficiency of lactose. deficiency of lactase. deficiency of the GI