1. What is the purpose of the Windows.old folder?
Created by Vista during the installation, it holds the previous installation of Windows
2. How can you delete the Windows.old folder?
From the drive properties box when you click Disk Cleanup
3. By default, when does Vista automatically defrag a drive?
Every Wednesday at 1:00AM
4. Using Vista, what type of command prompt window is needed to run the Chkdsk command?
Elevated command prompt window
5. What is the path to the startup folder for each user in Windows Vista?
6. What is the path to the startup folder for all users in Windows Vista?
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Program\Startup …show more content…
In what folder does Windows XP store a backup of the registry when backing up the system state?
21. Which editions of Vista don’t include Complete PC backup?
Vista Starter and Vista Home editions
22. What two components are created when you back up an XP system using the Automated System Recovery process?
A full backup of the drive on which Windows is installed and an ASR floppy disk on which information that will help Windows use Automated System Recovery is stored
23. What file in the user account folder stores user settings?
24. In what folder is the registry stored?
25. In what folder are 32-bit programs stored by a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista?
C:\Program Files (x86)
26. What is the purpose of the C:\Windows\CSC folder?
It holds offline files and folders maintained by Windows Offline Files
27. In a command line, what is the purpose of the ? in a filename?
It represents a single wildcard character.
28. What is the purpose of the |more parameter at the end of a command line?
To list information one screen at a time
29. What is the command to list all files and subdirectories in a directory?
30. What command is replacing