Unit 1 REVIEW
REVIEW SHEET: GEOMETRY BASICS
Please identify the following terms defined below, then sketch the term in the space provided.
An exact location in space with an indefinite shape and size.
An object with no thickness that extends infinitely in two directions.
Part of a line consisting of two endpoints and all the points in between.
Part of a line consisting of one endpoint and extending infinitely in one direction.
Rays that share a common endpoint, but continue infinitely in opposite directions.
6. _____________ …show more content…
A pair of angles that add up to 180°.
A pair of angles that add up to 90°.
A segment, ray, line, or plane that cuts an angle in half.
Refer to the figure at right to name each of the following.
23. a line containing point A_ ______________
24. a line passing through B: _______________
25. two points collinear with point D: __________
26. two points coplanar with point B: ______________
27. a plane containing points B, C, and E: ____________
28. a plane containing lines p and q: ______________________
In the figure below, CD bisects AB at D. For each of the following, find the value of ‘x’ and the measure of the segment indicated.
29. x = __________
AB = ______
AD = 2x + 11
DB = 4x – 5
30. x = __________
AD = _______
AB = 5x – 4
DB = x + 1
The numbers given are the coordinates of two points on a number line.
Find the distance between the two points.
31.d = _____________
-3 and 5
Given that B is between A and C, find the indicated length.
32. BC =